Sunday, January 06, 2008

The Ballad of The Earth People

The Ballad of The Earth People (A Freewrite in the key of H-Flat)

By: HX

I believe in God. But I can't help but fall when the ground shakes. I believe that I am a believer. And that is about the only thing that I can believe with any conviction. Everything else seems to just be a negotiation between fantasy and reality. Wouldn't it be grand if you could exist and just know. Not the "knowing" that those with faith profess to have but truly "knowing"...knowing that you'll get back up...knowing where your journey is leading you to...knowing when you've reached the end. I guess that is why God is God and you and me are we because we will never have that power. Am I selfish for wanting that power? I didn't ask to be here but yet I have to figure out a way to stay here? We rely on the unexplainable to offer an explanation. And quite frankly I'm sick and tired of negotiating. But I have no choice. I'm an earth person. I'm imperfect. Flawed. Needy. Blessed and cursed with a brain. And you'll have to excuse me but today I'm shaken and I'm staying down. I don't feel like giving up my ghosts quite yet. No Clark Kent. No phone booth. No Superman. Today I'm just human. And I feel numb.

3 Comments:

Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

You gotta come visit us more often sir, you really need to make your way back to more frequent posting.

Happy New Year!

12:50 PM  
Blogger fuzzy said...

oh the humanity that exists in all of us! It is an unshakable feeling when you feel helpless against something. powerless against what really matters!

I share your sentiment mentally on a daily basis and is one thing I try not to think about quite often. It is one of many reasons for my last post. If you find a solution, let me know!!!

7:55 PM  
Blogger BuddahDesmond said...

Ah! The beautiful imperfections of being human. The complexities of simply being.... It's truly something. I definitely feel you though. Great post!

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home