Thursday, June 09, 2005

The Heat...And Me....

Well, Well, Well,....Who would think that the weather in Connecticut would be reaching 90 degrees and above for the last couple of days...

I was discussing the effects of the heat with a good friend of mine and we concluded that it makes you, #1...ANGRY as hell...#2....HORNY as hell..and #3...TIRED as hell...did I mention horny? (shit, even nice brothas like myself need some sexual healing every now and then)...I am seriously considering celibacy as an option...can you still be celibate and masturbate regularly?...lol...but anyways...

No word on the job situation but I am staying on my proverbial "knees" in prayer about it all..Somethin will come thru soon I know...Whether you believe it or not, heaven and hell exist on the same universal plane...how we choose to live determines which "camp" we live in...I decided about 3 weeks ago that I was packin up my shit and moving.....

Belated congratulations to the DETRIOT PISTONS...I was screaming at the television watching Game 7 and really thought that Miami was gonna pull it off. But championship poise and solid TEAM defense pulled through and they now move on to face Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, and Manu Ginobli in the NBA Finals. Needless to say, Detriot is going to have their work cut out for them...But they'll get the job done. Prediction: Detriot in 7 Games.

My mini-thought of the day:

Could anything be more lonely (at times) than being black, male, single, same-gender loving, and discreet? To my credit I am at a different stage of my "discreetness" than I was 6 years ago. Screening phonecalls, sneaking in through alternate entrances with my "dates", and walking down the street with my significant other about 5 to 6 feet to my left or right were all characteristics of my neurotic and paranoid behavior. Somewhere between now and then I've learned to be a LOT more comfortable in my sexuality; maybe not to the extent of a full blown "coming out" but at least I've arrived at the point where I can go out to dinner and not care if people SEE me eating with another man...WHO CARES...lol..Life is waaay to short to compromise the potential of happiness for the sake of maintaining a facade. Am I completely comfortable with it all..NO. But this is all a process. And hopefully this process will lead me into a loving, stable, long-term relationship. But, for the record...the kid aint holdin his breath...So until then I am single to mingle...

Stay cool people....

peaceloveandeternity..

Quaheem

2 Comments:

Blogger N4R said...

Celibate...really? My boy mentioned the same thing to me. I don't know you that well but I would venture to guess that would SELL a BIT if someone BOUGHT a BIT!

As for the process, it is just that - A Process! Take your time and don't feel the need to rush. You have to do what is right for you. It is a bit nerve wrecking to speak to or read bloggers who are so comfortable with their sexuality. But you never have to apologize for handling your handle the way you do. I almost fell into the trap. One blogger, who I respect dearly, said y’all DL cats get on my nerves. I almost apologized to him. For what! I am going to do me. They had to go through their process as well. I am sure some may say they didn't have a process. Those would be very few and besides they aren't hard to tell. Just do what you can - DO YOU!

Here is some more advise – GET OVER YOURSELF! You are so consumed with wondering about what other people think when you are with your mate. If your realized how little people were concerned with you feel like a fool. Most people who get down are more hung up on their own sexuality than the public they encounter. Trust they are not worried about you. You and your boy go to eat - cool. Just because y’all are eating alone doesn’t mean y’all fucking nor do I mean other people are thinking it. Let me ask you this, when you go out with a friend who know not to be gay, do you even give it a second thought? Are you concerned if people think y’all are fucking or mates? If you don’t that should let you know that it is YOUR hang up – not theirs.

Get that long term relationship. Stop selling a bit. You know that is what you want so for it!

GET OVER YOURSELF and DO YOU!!!


Sidebar…I know I got the nerve for this being my first comment on your blog. And yes I am long winded but you already knew that.

12:34 AM  
Blogger Quaheem said...

Long winded...YES you are...lol..but so am I..just means your brain is workin..

and YES..Getting over myself is something that I need to do..I bet if we could take a journey inside a random persons life we would be amazed how BLESSED we truly are to be WHO we are...

So I definitely feel u on that one

P.S...I also feel you and the "doin' u" attitude. The closet is a comfortable place for me at the moment...And I definitely won't apologize for livin my life that way to ANYONE...NO REGRETS!!!

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home