Wednesday, February 28, 2007

REPOST: "JustUs"

Came across this piece that I posted sometime before....After finding it scribbled on an index card and re-reading it moved me in a different way...so I'll share it again....

JustUs

By: HX

Is it the fuck in my strut
that sends your pulse swingin'?
Or is it
this obsene machine
attached to my hips
that makes you wanna build snowmen in June?
Would it be safe to assume
that the sweet smell of
the sound of
my merry-go-round
increases
your propensity
towards fidelity
with me?
What if I
could be sweeter to you
than
Mother Africa
before the slave--
sweet like lips
that speak truth to power--
sweet like
the caress of
the moon
in the midnight hour--
even sweeter
than me
on my knees in submission--
And before this world needed justice
there was just us
so with your permission
I'd like to return us
to that condition.

1 Comments:

Blogger ShawnQt said...

...still love it!

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home