Tuesday, August 02, 2005

24....The Official Birthday Post & My Petition.

At 3:16 pm on August 2nd, 1981 God brought forth a life...

My mother called me her miracle child...

My father told me (out of spite of course) when I was about 7 or 8 that my mother wept when she discovered she was pregnant because she didn't want me...She said she wept because she didn't expect another child at 37. I guess I am her favorite mistake...

I thank God for sustaining me and allowing me to live for these 24 years, even if most of those years have been tumultuous...

I can say with certainty that on this day I cannot be totally joyful...My current bout with unemployment continues into its third month...I have to move because of it...the money has all but disappeared...Door after door continues to be slammed shut in my face...The walls feel as if they are moving in on me.

Person after person has given me the generic advice about keeping the faith and holding my head high...But the one thing that I have learned in my newly aquired adulthood is that one must OWN their emotions...

I cannot pretend to smile if there is no joy in my spirit...

I love God and I see her/him in everything...But what I have seen in the last 3 months of my life I fail to understand...I am patiently waiting for the revelation. Meanwhile I will continue to push forward in awe, bewilderment, anger, hope, and YES...Prayer.

So on this day; 24 years after my birth I seek the answer from God to a simple question...A question that is so infrequently asked in the church that it prompted me to reject the organization of religion; a question that seperates all human beings from other species in the animal kingdom; I ask you, The Almighty, Magnificant, Merciful, KING of KINGS, QUEEN of QUEENS...I ask...Why?

And I certainly hope it does not take me falling any further before this can be revelaed to me...I am trusting that YOU will follow through...For you knew me before there was ME...

All I want on this day is nothing material...

I want to rest without sleeping...
I want no more anxiety...
I want my feelings and emotions honored...
I want respect...
I want freedom from my incarcerated mind...
I want security...
I want love with sex and sex without guilt...
I want for ONCE in my life to be at peace...

This is my petition...my plea...my request.

My soul desperately needs the rest.

5 Comments:

Blogger Dubbed As Trent Jackson said...

WOW....

Happy Birthday...
and email me....

1:54 AM  
Blogger @GaryTylone said...

I need you to pack your things and move right now...do not sit and fester(spelling) anymore. I'm sure you will get your answers soon enough. Write a song from these feelings so we can see you at the Grammys

8:57 PM  
Blogger reef said...

happy birthday man!

8:12 PM  
Blogger The Divo said...

"Call things that be not as though they were"

I think we get so caught up in waiting for God to do something for us that we forgot to tap into how to utilize the power that he gave us when he created us in his own image.

He/She, creating us in their likeness, imparted us the same luxury of speaking things into existance.

Have you ever heard of the earth being formed because GOD said it was?

Be proactive claim everything that you have already asked for as if it has already been given.

As for the ability to free yourself from an incarcerated mind, that was done when you realized that you needed to post this publicly.

Q. Happy Belated Birthday, and to you the riches blessings that God can bestowe on them that diligently seek him.

In Love.

Kenny

8:50 PM  
Blogger The Divo said...

Post Script.

I forgot to add that it is impossible to have all that you are aspiring for without FAITH.

That faith has to be in more than yourself. Your cry right now as I feel it is that GOD manifest in your life. Just invite him, and be ready for the heap of blessings and adversaries that come with it.

Every round goes higher, but there is always something under you trying to pull you down.

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home