Sunday, August 28, 2005

Can Flowers Grow in Darkness?

I can honestly say that this has been the most challenging, painful, dreadful, yet rewarding summer of my life....And just when I thought I had hit rock bottom...BAM!! A breakthrough...

3 job possibilities all sprung up within a 72 hour period...The most promising being at the very place/office that I had lost my job originally....

It looks like I will be gainfully and "happily" employed quite shortly...so NOW...I can breathe a little bit easier and I can stop panicking...my heart can beat normally...and I can gain back the weight I have lost (I probably have lost between 5 and 10 pounds due to the stress)...

So the next question is..What can I bring away from this experience?

Life is one test after another. We must be prepared for and aware of the tests that may be around the corner. Success is 90% preparation and 10% opportunity. 3 1/2 months ago I lost an opportunity and my lack of preparation made my life nearly unbearable. We have to take the time and get our minds, bodies, and spirits in a condition in which they can successfully defend themselves against the pandemonium that can sometimes define our lived experience(s).

Perception is reality...We have control of our emotional landscapes...Everyday is another opportunity to be better, to live better, and to see the brighter side (even if there is not a discernable one)...If we are willing to be flexible with HOW we percieve the world then our realities will be as easily affected..FOR THE BETTER.

Prince so poignantly wrote; "Nothing comes from dreamers but dreams/Sittin' idle in a boat while everyone else is down the stream/nothin' comes from talkers but sound/They can talk all they want to/ but the world still goes around and round"

In other words...We've all got to do the work to get what and where we want. You can sit and boo-who into your pillow and feel sorry for yourself but it won't change the simple fact the life and the world will go on. The more we just accept the fact that "SHIT HAPPENS" and get over it the more we can win. And though losing is a helpful and spiritually rewarding part of the experience, do not be mistaken; The God I know wants me to win. Perhaps the times that I have lost have been important lessons to a soul that was not appreciating the power of the GAME.

I am a walking, talking, breathing, divine creation..

Full of contradictions and completely conscious and accepting of them...

My faith is on trial...but I still believe...

The power of my belief has allowed my flowers to grow in barren soil and complete darkness..

A determined spirit will always defy logic...

Let's continue to hold on together...

PeaceLoveandEternity..

Q

3 Comments:

Blogger Clay said...

congrats on your new job - and you will be iight if you have some Prince music. someone once told me in your life you are always looking for one of three things - an apartment/house, a job and a boy/girlfriend!

3:42 PM  
Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

Yes! Flowers can grow...only if you believe they can!

Coming Into Reality,
-Jamal

10:14 PM  
Blogger Dubbed As Trent Jackson said...

"Perception is reality...We have control of our emotional landscapes...Everyday is another opportunity to be better, to live better, and to see the brighter side (even if there is not a discernable one)...If we are willing to be flexible with HOW we percieve the world then our realities will be as easily affected..FOR THE BETTER."

YES!!! For Today, you are my hero

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home