Wednesday, August 17, 2005

The Power of "The Purge"

I can honestly say that these past 3 months or so that I have spent blogging have singlehandedly been the most rewarding and painful 3 months of my life....

Yet, I feel so blessed when I truly begin to think about it. Writing this blog consistently has allowed me to re-discover the artist within me that I had certainly thought I had lost.

Through this rediscovery I have been able to begin purging myself of the negativity, the sadness, the downright misery that has, at times, engulfed areas of my past...
I feel good in knowing that it is alright to be down and out of it because there is joy in getting back up and dusting yourself off again...

This journey in cyberspace has allowed me to come into contact with a side of myself that was tucked away, scared, and self-doubting. I can say that I have never been more honest and forthright about the nature of my existence...And it is the most wonderful feeling.

I encourage all of you out there, if you have not already, to begin purge yourself of the darkness of your past...Sure those things have been essential in creating the person you are today but tomorrow is quite simply up to YOU.

This blog will continue to be the medium through which my emotional recovery from the worst of life will and can persist...And it will also serve as the blueprint for my future triumphs and struggles...

Pain, like the many essential nutrients we ingest daily, passes through each of us and helps to facilitate our growth...We must accept that fact. Too many of us have allowed these pains to remain in our "emotional systems"...But the equation is simple; we either purge or die.

The choice is yours.

I know what I've chosen...

PeaceLoveandEternity

Q

5 Comments:

Blogger Clay said...

i feel ya man - here is a lil' gift for you:

"These precious things
Let them bleed, let them wash away
These precious things
Let them break, their hold over me"

1:22 PM  
Blogger Dubbed As Trent Jackson said...

I told you it would get better

5:29 PM  
Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

Mr. Quaheem,

Thanks for your words. Just as you've been blessed by being able to purge, we've been blessed by your presence. Thanks for allowing us to peek inside your world and experience first hand your rediscovering with you. We're blessed for that!

My grandmother Madea always told me, "it's tood to clean yourself out every once in a while...just be careful where you dump what you find."

8:37 PM  
Blogger @GaryTylone said...

Doesn't it feel good???

6:14 PM  
Blogger reef said...

Well that is great man! I'm glad to hear it!

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home