Monday, August 08, 2005

My transition...& The Suicide...

Well, it's official...Today I completed my move out of my apartment into a temporary residence not too far away....

Basically I have until the end of August to secure some kind of employment situation or I am shit out of luck and most likely headed back to Dirty Jerzee...

In the midst of packing and cleaning/throwing shit away I found a piece that I wrote some time ago...I always find that the stuff I write (be it songs or spoken word pieces) usually turns me off initially and when I come back to it months later I am moved in a different way by it...I suppose my work ages well...

So I found this piece that I'd like to share...

"The Suicide of Kyle Black"

Left to his own devices
he was fatalistic.
Shaped and molded
By a world of deviance
Bightly darkened
inside and outside his lines.
Lady Destiny
would see
that the trigger be pulled
in syncronicity with the breakdown
BANG!
In slow motion
Bullet pierces skin swiftly
and wonderfully penetrates
all that lies in its way...
Tick-Tock!
The countdown to purgatory begins
Breath is hard to come by
as pulse intoxicatingly moves forward...
Tears of ambivalence flow
with a pinkish hue
down his decreasingly lukewarm face.
His heart beats in whole notes
no melody-no harmony
just the beat of
the eternal tom-tom...
While slipping into grey
he wonders to himself
what could have been.
What he knows now
is what he will be
and darkness engulfs his eyes
with a passion he'd never known...
A single word infected the remainder of his thoughts;
"freedom", "freedom", "freedom"
The pain became pleasure
when he knew
it was close to being the end
and in the last measure of it all
he bent all but one of his fingers,
the longest one,
and fixed his lips on the letter "F"...
But before he could complete
his last act of defiance
it was all over
No beat...No misery...No worry..
While he remained the culprit
the catalyst roamed free
in the land of the living...
And before he left
he knew it wouldn't end with him
but, in fact, humanity was at stake...
He was just
in the end
another victim.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dubbed As Trent Jackson said...

The storm will always pass...You'll be able to take this situation and turn it into gold.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

Mr. Quaheem,

Sorry to hear about your current situation. Know that I got ya in my thoughts and prayers. Madea once told me something that I think you'll benefit from - she told me, "never sweat the small stuff - you know temporary stuff. Just go with the flow, you get less gray hair that way." I hope you didn't miss the real point!

Coming Into Reality,
-Jamal

4:15 PM  
Blogger KneeDeep said...

Very deep poem, so don't loose it again. There is always light at the end of the tunnel, so keep your head up....You turn will be golden.

KD

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home