Monday, September 26, 2005

10 Things About Myself That I Love/Dislike

10 Things About ME That I Love:

(1) My singing voice --if I could just get over the self doubt I could be the next big thing

(2) My lips-- yes the soup coolers get the job done..NEVER had a complaint!

(3) My brain--I think, and think, and think..and my quest for knowledge has been the only thing that has kept me alive.

(4) My cooking skills-Ya boy can burn somethin serious in the kitchen

(5) My verbal skills--I have always prided myself on being able to articulate complex things in a simple way..and I just TALK ALOT

(6) My feet--I've been told I have nice feet...I think so too

(7) My sense of humor--I can be witty with the best of them. Some people seem to believe I could make a good living on standup comedy...music and poetry are really in my heart...But hey, who says you can't be a jack of all trades.

(8) My writing skills--I never knew how good I could write until I actually started reading some of my old college papers and THIS blog...There is a certain passion that radiates off the page when words are carefully and artfully places together

(9) My loyalty--Some might call it a blessing and others might call it a curse...But if I am WITH YOU then I am WITH YOU. It's the Leo in me. But don't cross me...We also bite...

(10) My relationship with the Almighty--It's not based on a church..or even a specific religious denomination...s/he and I just talk...and every answer that I've wanted to get I've eventually gotten...Even in my confusion I am blessed..

10 Things About ME That I Dislike
(hate is never an appropriate word)

(1) My speaking voice--I have ALWAYS hated it. Perhaps it goes back to being teased as a youngster because of my slight "lisp"

(2) My Shyness--At certain times I can be VERY VERY outgoing and talkative...the center of attention..then at other times I can be VERY timid..usually when it comes to artistic matters (I am very sensitive about my SHIT..like Badu) and matters of the heart

(3) My brain--I think too damn much...Sometimes you just wanna shut that shit off and just biologically react to external stimuli

(4) The way I sometimes treat those who are close to me--I tend to deal with things by shutting down completely...Those who know me and love me know that sometimes NO NEWS means GOOD NEWS from me...I find that silence can be soothing...But this can convey a very different message to others

(5) My face--From certain angles I just dont like it..ENOUGH SAID!

(6) My Uptight-ness--I am very sensitive to energy in my environment...sometimes that energy just makes me snappy and unresponsive..sometimes this spills over into my personal relationships..

(7) My legs in shorts--I am a skinny dude...5'9"...150-155..so when I put shorts on my skinny-ness is exposed...I used to think it was sexy...But after a million "chicken-leg" jokes I just tend to wear mostly jeans in the summer..(although I still think I look fly in my shorts...I am always on alert)

(8) My thumbs--I just dont like the way they are shaped...Certain kind of thumbs are sexier than others.

(9) My Head Size--I can only wear size 8 fitted hats...So this makes getting all the ones I want kinda difficult at times...If I ever make it big I am starting a line of hats for PLUS SIZE Headed men and women called "Phat Caps."

(10) My laziness at times--I can be a serial procrastinator...This is not good when you are tryin to make moves in life...Sure we are young--But that certainly doesn't guarantee that we have the time.

So what are some of your loves/dislikes about YOURself?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo, Amen to number 5 and 10 on your dislike list. Those are on my list too. The angular thing with the head, I feel you on that (thought it was just me)*grinz* But you know that just means we have spent too much time inspecting that sh*t *lol*

And homie, rock your shorts, rock em out & phluck the world. If you know it's a good look, then it's a good look. Nice post.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Dubbed As Trent Jackson said...

I hate you! lol

I think I want to meet you...you're interesting to me now...and yes mystery is sexy.

7:24 PM  
Blogger @GaryTylone said...

Your head aint that big...I dont like my voice either.

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home