Thursday, September 22, 2005

I Met A Woman....

I Met a Woman tonight who touched my soul in a way that no other human being has EVER touched it...

I rejected the ritualistic practice of Christianity years ago when I learned that its practicioners were more concerened with profit and appearances than actually sustaining, healing, and reviving the spirits of their parishoners...

This woman told me about Cuba...Africa...losing everything yet gaining the satisfaction of happiness through a connection with the true worship experience of people of African ancestry...

In a crowded bar full of professionals I cried...A grown man cried into a bar napkin soaked with mojito and cosmopolitan..

This woman allowed me to see the future...She allowed me to see a possible pathway to the closer relationship with myself and the Almighty..

In her I saw the answer to the question that I had known all along but was too afraid to admit to....

I'd been searching for a "new religion" and always knew I would find something more significant...

This is my first step toward the source....

PeaceLoveandEternity

Q

P.S. Tomorrow or perhaps Saturday..."We Will Not Be Moved"...A poem/song about God that s/he has allowed me to present as not being exclusively about her/him...

3 Comments:

Blogger Clay said...

congrats man -- i dont think any person of color should accept christianity w/out knowing what the indingeous religions were ... are you considering vodun or santeria?

7:43 AM  
Blogger Quaheem said...

lol...I aint even that deep yet to know EXACTLY what I am considering..But I am certainly going to learn more...

I just got the initial touch...:-D

9:50 AM  
Blogger Clay said...

hey - email me -- i have something for you claycane@aol.com

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home