Thursday, September 08, 2005

1640 Days

My life is slowly but surely piecing itself back together...

I am transitioning into a new job (with more responsibility)..soon will have a bigger place to live and another chance to make things RIGHT the right way...

But as I sit here and continue to thank the almighty for the continued blessings that s/he has bestowed upon me I still feel somewhat unfulfilled...

I sat here and did the long hand multiplication and addition and realized that it has been roughly 1,640 days since I last was committed to another human being.

1,640 days since I smiled when I thought about you....1,640 days since you made me cry...

1,640 days since my world came crashing down into what seemed to be a trillion indecipherable pieces...

It's been 1,640 days since I last loved someone without questioning the source or the reason...

1,640 days since I allowed another human being to make me feel priceless and useless at the same damn time...

I hear what everyone has told me about being alone...Loving yourself...Finding freedom...All the generic psycho-babble bullshit that comes from folks who are themselves in denial about their own situations.

It's been 1,640 days since I had the love...and I am sick and tired of pretending that I don't miss it...

But perhaps if I have gone 1,640 days then one more day's wait won't kill me...

So whoever you are...

I'm here...waiting.

6 Comments:

Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

1640, huh?

4:32 PM  
Blogger The Divo said...

AMEN MY BROTHER,

I can't count the days anymore, It would be amazing if I count.

Keep Doing what you're doing till you can't do it no more.

7:41 PM  
Blogger Princess Pessimism said...

You know how many days it's been for me? 7...thats it....and it's torture.....I suppose it never gets any easier eh?

12:34 PM  
Blogger Liber8Lyph said...

wow...that was a mouth full. I love it though!

8:29 PM  
Blogger Clay said...

stop counting!!!!!!!!! lol that was a good piece though

8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And Amen again. I myself have lost count. But for real, as long as you're doing everything you need to do for yourself while you wait, you're doing alright. Good things come...that's how the saying goes right?

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home