Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Moving In & The Consistency Pains

Well..it's official..I've moved into my apartment...A nice little semi-spacious two bedroom abode.

Me and my good friend/co-worker HartfordLady left the office at around 3:30 yesterday and hightailed it across campus here to pick up my stuff. I had to deal with two hours of her screaming at me because of the way I was packed. In true MALE fashion nothing was quite organized. My claim to fame is using old shoeboxes to move some items...HartfordLady warned me..

"I'm not moving no fuckin' shoeboxes"

Needless to say my complete ignoring of that statement and her love for me made her move them anyway.

We got a hell of a workout too since the new place is on the THIRD floor of a three family house. Nothing like some old skool wooden steps to make you feel the burn. She almost collapsed and I was one big ball of sweat in my pink Kenneth Cole shirt (that I bought at Marshalls by the way...act like you know). So we eventually got all my shit up there and she took off and I was left to piece together this vast puzzle of an apartment. Had to move the dining room table into the kitchen but it wouldn't fit through the door...SOOO..I had to take it apart and move it. Had to move a couch from the bedroom to the dining room area. It wouldn't fit through the door..SOO..I had to take the legs off. Then unpack everything...clothes, kitchenware, miscellaneous items...THEN set up the bedroom and do laundry. When I finally laid my head to the pillow in my bed it was 3:30 a.m. LOTS of work...But I am still blessed to have what I have..

Now if I could only get some meaningful company over to help me christen these rooms then it would all be complete...soon enough...Until that "meaningful" person comes along I have taken a vow of psuedo-celibacy...That means that just like in the NFL my celibacy can be "under review" after I take a look at the "instant replay" of the situation.... (does masturbation count if you are celibate?)...But anyways...Life goes on..

Then there are the Boys (sometimes called men)...

They say they are gonna call...but they don't...

They say they want to settle down into something real...but they won't...

They say they are mature but yet are satisfied with their ignorance...

I am no longer willing to consistently put myself through the ringer for people who cannot and will not consistenly confront themselves in an effort to be better than they were yesterday...

I have learned that if you want to know how someone will TREAT you you need to take a REAL good look at how they treat themselves...

So he's got a nice face...a nice body...a big dick...deep pockets...a nice car...a nice apartment..college degree(s)...

But in what condition is his soul?

To be materially successful when your soul is still in shackles is like driving a car with no brakes..
So knowing I've saved myself from being a passenger in that car time and time again makes "psuedo-celibacy" even sweeter than any orgasm..

Get in the habit of consistently questioning and saving yourself before you ask someone to take that ride with you..

PeaceLoveandEternity

Q

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Luvin the post, feeling the words too much...masturbation doesn't count btw. I mean, you gotta do you some kinda way, right?

Moving is never pretty. Good that you got it done though. Meanwhile, Is Kenneth Cole the proper moving attire? *grinz*

10:47 AM  
Blogger Quaheem said...

lol...to be fair I was at work and ran right over to move...so no time to change...

11:07 AM  
Blogger Unconquerable Soul said...

Man, I love this post!

Congradulations on the move! I moved last month and still unpacking my stuff.

I agree on the importance of watching how someone treats there soul. It's soo much bull shyt that men talk about. I think it may even be an age thing. I'm hoping by the time I reach my 30s, brotha will finally be ready to practice what they preach!

12:34 PM  
Blogger @GaryTylone said...

Allright for KenCole...I'm so proud...I'm feeling this..really...

10:06 PM  
Blogger BuddahDesmond said...

I couldn't agree with you more. You have to get right with yourself before you can expect to get right with someone else. The condition of the soul is so important. If your soul is in shambles, the material world is just going to feed off of it. Before inviting others for that ride in your car, make sure your soul is right. I make it a vow to consistently check myself.

Congrats on the new place!

1:06 AM  
Blogger reef said...

Marshalls is this shit, don't hate. I got mad shit from there - great quality at a great price!

8:21 PM  
Blogger E said...

Wow...you got a good friend there in HartfordLady. I mean, she helped you move shoeboxes. That's love...:-) Take her out to dinner one day.

Men are trifling. Bottom line. Oops, did I say that out loud?

9:09 PM  
Blogger WiseYoungMan said...

Great man glad to hear that you're doing well! I feel you on the celibacy thing, I did it for sixty days no sex or masturbation. After the first two weeks it became alot easier. But like most things in life it was up for review. But do it for yourself and not b/c you think its going to cleanse you.

Just my thoughts ....

9:36 AM  
Blogger Clay said...

moving is such a drama ... and a good workout. you've defintely got to cut those inconsistent people off

11:29 AM  
Blogger Liber8Lyph said...

okay now...i havnt spoken with u in awhile. Give me a call or something! im glad u finally moved in ...Congrads to you Sir! moving up in the world LOL! Do call...

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home