Monday, October 31, 2005

Weekend Recaps & Stuff

Well...

Given what I have gone through in the last 6 months I promised myself that once I got back on my feet I was going to have a night out on the town..(NYC to be exact)...and so this past Friday the eventful day was upon me.

I took the day off from work. Did a little shopping, got geared up, got myself some drinks for the ride (*tee hee*) and headed to the Big Apple to meet up with some old friends (one in particular that I dated some years ago, fell out of touch and favor with, and with whom I had recently become reaquainted). It was him, his brother, a friend, and his significant other.

After about 45 minutes of waiting outside BBQ's (in sonewhat of a chilly cold) on 23rd & 8th the crew finally appeared and we were seated. I had been having a craving for BBQ's for the last 2 months so to finally have it was a wonderful feeling. We ate, drank, laughed and enjoyed ourselves. I did notice right from the beginning that my friend's boyfriend was being waaay anti-social...perhaps since an old FLAME was there (and looking ON POINT might I add) it made him a tad bit uncomfortable. But I did what I could to engage him in conversation at the dinner table and eventually things loosened up and folks were having a good time...

After dinner we all decided to head to The Octagon. It was an interesting time seeing as I had not been there since they reopened. So we made it there and it was not NEARLY as crowded and poppin as it used to be..BUT...when you have enough drinks in you and the music is right (which it was) anyplace can SEEM packed. And to be fair, there WERE some cute ones scattered through. So I did my thing...drink in hand...doin my two step (and occasional full out DANCE when the right song came on) and surveying the crowd. In usual NYC fashion many eyes crept in my direction but of course no one spoke...It's crazy when you know that they WANT to speak but dont. This is why I don't pay any ONE person any kind of special attention..lol...but I digress...

So it got later into the night and things were winding down...We all figure that it's time to go so we head out. As I am walking down the block a young man pulls me by the arm and starts his "game."

"Yeah, I saw you lookin at me all night..so I figured you wanted to say somethin."

LOL @ that. Well to be fair he did cross my plane of vision. But he was nothing to stare at. I saw him a couple of times and kept it movin. But I entertained him and he kept walking beside me (leaving his peoples might I add). Meanwhile, MY peoples were far ahead of me in the parking lot and when we caught up to them what do I see? My boy and his man havin an INTENSE argument. I mean dude (the boyfriend) was screaming, yelling, pulling at him, cursing at him....He was talkin to him like he was not even a human being...That is the shit I ABHOR...So I politely told his other friend that I was out and that I would speak to everyone later. I just had to remove myself from what I was seeing. The day a nigga EVER speaks to me like that is the day I check someone's chin..FOR REAL..(and I have never been in a fight before..but it ain't too late to start)...

So dude and I continued on to McDonald's in Times Square to grab a bite to eat. Since we were NOW in good lighting I finally got a GOOD look at him and I was like OH HELL NO!!!...All the cute ones that were out and about and instead of catching SALMON I get a TROUT..*sighs*..But he was a nice guy so we did the number exchange thing. He's called twice but I don't think I am interested. One man's trash is another man's treasure...I aint callin the kid trash...but he certainly is not the treasure that I seek...So I roll on. All in all I still felt good about the situation. I know what I want...And I am no longer willing to settle for less.

THEN on Sunday night I went to Six Flags (New England) Fright Fest...Went through the haunted forest with a Gatorade Bottle filled with Grey Goose and cranberry juice. So the slight drunkeness not only kept me warm but made the forest even that more entertaining..It was GOOD TIMES indeed (although I felt like a couple of the Monsters were giving me "googly eyes"...well on a previous visit one of the Frankensteins gave me the "I-want-your-face-in-my-monster-mash"-pouty lips/rigid eye stare combination that only GAY folks know how to do)..

Needless to say...it was a VERY enjoyable weekend. It feels good to be able to return to some kind of normalcy...

But one thing remains constant...No matter HOW long you stay away, the boys and the bullshit are always the same. I woke up this morning, brushed my shoulders off, kissed the mirror twice, and thanked GOD that I have something to wake up TO and FOR.

Living in an OPTIONAL condition. CHOOSE LIFE!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Unconquerable Soul said...

Man, you had a good weekend! And you know it's not six flags new england, its more like 1 1/2 flags!

When you come back down, you need to holla at your boy! Saturday, was my first time in two months and the kids are still the same, LOL!

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quaheem, I agree...shit don't ever change - but we aint gotta fall down in it. I'm glad you had yourself a good time though.

Meanwhile, you were rolling through the city like that? Lemme find out that we might have crossed paths (in the midst of my drunken haze that is). It's good that you getting out there and doing you though - regardless. That's what life is all about.

*lol* at kissing the mirror.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Clay said...

that's good you got to hang in the city - too bad the cat you met didnt turn out to be as great in the bright lights - lol

6:37 PM  
Blogger ShawnQt said...

That's what's up with the NYC shing-ding. I have NEVER been to the Octagon... I think it only appears magically ever couple of years when a Rainbow comes out, and disappears in an instant. Ohhh the Octagon, such a magically place I never seen. Glad you had fun.

7:01 PM  
Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

Ah hem...you could have let someone know you were coming to NYC! It's cool though, I was out of town myself...glad u enjoyed your self.

"check someone's chin?" You sound like my granmother Madea on that one!

Coming Into Reality,
-Jamal

7:29 PM  
Blogger Quaheem said...

I'll be in town again on this friday perhaps...so...I will alert the PROPER authorities..lol

7:42 PM  
Blogger @GaryTylone said...

Why in hell did you go to McDonald's after drinking???? Bubble guts...Fantastic you had a good time...I miss NYC.

8:58 AM  
Blogger WiseYoungMan said...

I'm glad you had a great time man! You deserve it.

Just my thoughts

11:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good post

3:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home