Thursday, January 26, 2006

The Living.....

What a week this has been...

I learned on Tuesday than an ex-friend/student at the college that employs me recently tested positive for HIV...

On Wednesday I learned that a student at the college that I had numerous interactions with committed suicide in her room on campus. She was a writer...poet...a gentle spirit...but apparently (as many people are now learning) deeply troubled.

Just as I am completely recovered from the flu I now feel spiritually fatigued from the bad news...

Yet in the midst of the tragedy I feel a renewed spirit for living...

I will FINALLY be home this weekend to see my mother (who I havent seen in over six months)...

I will FINALLY get to pound the pavement in the city and be fly...

And it feels good!

I haven't always believed it...but life is a wonderful option to choose...

CHOOSE IT!

I'll see you all on Tuesday.

PeaceLoveandEternity

Q

5 Comments:

Blogger N4R said...

HELL YEAH life is a great option to choose.

Enjoy your stay with your mom. Six months is a long time.

7:37 PM  
Blogger ShawnQt said...

You finally bringing ur black behind home,lol. cool... I'll try and see if we can meet up, but a brotha as fly as you always have plans, lol.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Dubbed As Trent Jackson said...

Just remember...no matter what...
There is always someone IN YOUR CORNER!

And always choose the right thing to do.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

Alright - we'll see you on Tuesday...and damn, I know what it's like to find out a friend has HIV.

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes. Yes. Yes!!!


that's encouraging...your renewed spirit, despite the barrage of bad news. Stay up.

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home