Friday, December 23, 2005

The Spirit Works in Mysterious Ways....

If you've been following my blog the last couple of weeks you should know that I have been reliving the heartbreak and recovery from my last relationship...

I want to thank each and every one of you that has commented with insight, sensitivity, and concern...It has definitely made me feel like I am not alone (which is always a good thing)...

So...

I got a call on Tuesday as I was laying in my bed enjoying my day off...I picked up the phone and the voice on the other end said,

"Whaddup Man"

I instantly knew who it was but I played like I didnt and responded,

"Whaddup...Who is this? Identify yourself"

The voice on the other end of the phone says,

"Yo man, It's L"

I was utterly stunned, shocked, appalled, thrilled, mortified, and every other possible feeling you can feel about a person you love and dispise simultaneously. It was the most ironic moment I have EVER felt. Why? First because "L" does not read my blog AND because the last time I spoke to or saw "L" was over 2 years ago. If you want to know what happened read my post "I Never Had a Dream Come True *Revisited*"

So we began to converse and catch up with each others lives when he proceeds in apologizing for how our last meeting went down...He then apologizes for how he treated me during our relationship and after...Needless to say I sat on the phone stunned with a large kool-aid smile on my face...

For many years after our relationship dissolved I prayed to God that he would allow him to see the error in his ways...And it took 5 years but the spirit brought him back to my feet ...humbled...and sorry.

I accepted his apology but also let him know that the depths of my pain REALLY didnt have anything to do with him but had to do with deeper issues that I had. No one person can MAKE you dive deep into depression. People, places, and things serve as catalysts for an eventual breakdown in a person who has been packing away pain for years and years rather than dealing with it...He mentioned how he was not trying to inject himself back into my life but he had to get this off his chest...I accepted his apology

I told him I love him..and will always love him. And I meant it

But love is never enough to keep two people together.

I am ecstatic because I have the closure and the justice that I have always seeked...

When you know that you have been on the side of right the universe will take care of the rest.

What a WONDERFUL day!

*cues up "Sweet Justice" by Jill Scott*

PeaceLoveandEternity

Q

8 Comments:

Blogger heartbreaker said...

yo maaanz, that's great... i'm happy for you, and MERRY CHRISTMAS, too btw

8:26 AM  
Blogger Ya boy Maurice said...

Ok, dont let him whoo you back in... take it slow

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's wassup...the universe is a complete thing. Everything evens out eventually and if we're paying attention, life shows us that *smiles* enjoy the holiday.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Quaheem said...

No wooing here....IT'S OVER!!!!

I am just glad the God delivered some closure...

7:00 PM  
Blogger @GaryTylone said...

" Inject" himself back into your life? What a word to use, but considering, I guess it fits huh? Closer is the best thing even after all that time...I can feel it...

7:39 PM  
Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

Well, alright now!

8:13 AM  
Blogger Unconquerable Soul said...

Man, I'm happy that you had the conversation. I'm sure you were just as relieved as he was! Keep on pushin!

8:40 AM  
Blogger Waddie G. said...

Isn't closer a sweet thing???

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home