Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Smile Please....

Man...what an UNeventful weekend...Just got my weekly haircut and chilled in the cut for the remainder of the weekend....

so for the sake of posting and keeping my mind FRESH here are just a scattered collection of my thoughts...

First...Rasheed Wallace!!!! What the FUCK were you thinking. Why would you double team Bruce Bowen and leave Robert Horry WIDE open...That play has to be one of the most idiotic defensive lapses that I can remember in the finals in a LONG LONG LONNNNNG time...Shit, I don't have to be an NBA coach to know that you play MAN-TO-MAN in that situation...I am still furious as I am writing this...BAHHHH-HUMBUG....

I am preparing to head home to Jersey this weekend for my brothers graduation party. Just so happens that NYC Pride is the very same weekend...so I will be out and about to say the least...I find it quite interesting tho that when it comes time to go out I hardly have anyone to call. I've had to come to the hard realization that I do not have any gay/bi FRIENDS. When I was thinking about why this is the case I had to REALLY go back into my memory bank and think about some things. Just about every dude that I have met in the last 5 or 6 years or so I met with perhaps the understanding or the hope that perhaps something more might come of the situation. I mean, I have even had my share of blind dates that I hoped turned out for the better (blind dates are TYPICALLY a disaster)...Usually what ends up happening is one of two things...I either end up liking them and they don't like me or they like ME and I aint feelin them. Then when the "we're not going to be lovers so let's just be friends"-thing is figured out and we ACTUALLY try being friends it just does not work. Somewhere along the way in the last year and half I realized that a relationship CANNOT and WILL NOT work if a serious friendship has not been established...So the fact that I may potentially be going out by myself this weekend is a constant reminder of just how wrong I have been about this relationship/friendship thing all along...Now I am not saying all of this to extract any sympathy or pity but I am a firm believer that God speaks to each one of us not in WORDS but thru patterns of events...The message that recieved this weekend was very clear from s/him:

CALM DOWN, SUBMIT, AND LET WHAT'S IN MY PLAN FOR YOU HAPPEN. AND KNOW THAT YOU WILL *NEVER* WALK ALONE.

I thank the Almighty everyday for the blessings that he's bestowed upon me...You'll only know you are faithful when you are able to smile when there is seemingly nothing to smile about. Today I smile...

Also I want to say thanks to the faithful readers of my little space in the blog-osphere...Your feedback gives me the extra energy/positivity that I need...

Peaceloveandeternity...

Q

P.S. To the NYC folks...I have a feeling I may run into a few familiar faces on Friday night at The Lobby...I hope you all have as good a time as I am planning on having..Life is too short to be re-living the SAME shit on DIFFERENT days...Here's a cyber-TOAST to you all in advance...

1 Comments:

Blogger The Divo said...

I refuse for you to be in my hometown while I am visiting and not have a good time. Let alone be by yourself while doing it. So guess what. You are going to email me. At that time we will discuss this weekends activities.

That is the final word. I promise I won't fall in love.

So if you don't mind having a crazy peaceful weekend with the Divo, then NYC is about to be painted.

As always in Parting,

I came in Peace and in Peace I leave.

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home