Tuesday, November 22, 2005

The Resurrection of Kyle Black

The Resurrection of Kyle Black (The Prelude)
By: HX

I'm still a nigg(er)
when I look in the mirror
and it's alright with me

I'm that sweet kinda brown
that won't easily go down
in blood--

And the reason
you can't speak my name
is because
our levels ain't the same--
I'm Leo rising on the 7th day
and I know
you want this

You fucked me once
and didn't stay--
and God has been fuckin' you
ever since that day...
What more can I say?

Except--

That I am a living, breathing
manifestation
of the you
that you choose not to be--
The love child
in love
with the inner child defined as
perverse...

And now
I know...

Every day can be a tomorrow
if we choose to stand--
Every sorrow can be a triumph
if we choose to demand
the right to just BE.

So to you from me
I say...

My resurrection will not depend on
the strut of another--
My resurrection
is
Mine.

6 Comments:

Blogger Waddie G. said...

quite interesting and thought provoking poem

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes. This is serious..I dig it.

Potent words

12:55 PM  
Blogger Rodney said...

QUAHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEM! You peed for this piece, man. I think I'm gonna need you to come down and host a slam. Let me know the next time you read... I'm comin.

7:25 PM  
Blogger ShawnQt said...

I want to see u perform these peices so badly... want a private session, lol.

7:22 PM  
Blogger heartbreaker said...

::speechless::

that was deep, i'm feelin that for real... mmm, don't even know what to say

10:30 PM  
Blogger Jenell : BlakIzBeautyful said...

Thanks for the clarification.

I, however, don't view it as alright that those in the position of power continue to view my brothers and sisters as niggers.

Yes we are preservering and we are exelling to new heights, but the deeper meaning to me resides in the historical context of the word, that allows for "system(s) of oppression [to] continue to "niggerize" black and brown folk... ".

They will never separate from eachother.

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home