Tuesday, February 28, 2006

10 Q's from Q

Time for another edition of 10 Q's from Q.....

(1) Is it just me or is the Black Gay Blogosphere losing steam? Maybe because it is winter perhaps? Maybe once people start acting out in the summer things will get poppin again. I hope so

(2) So I met an interesting fellow in the club on sunday...Why is it that I remember the scent of his cologne AND his breath? Why did I actually call him back? Thank god no one answered.

(3) So I am entereing my 5th month of psuedo-celibacy (celibacy with occasional masterbation). Why is occasional turning into 4 to 5 times a day?

(4) Why do I have a newfound respect for Oprah after FINALLY seeing The Color Purple all the way through? She played the HELL out of that role.

(5) So I expressed my feelings to the dude I wrote about in my "Truth Is..." post..Why did he say I was just making excuses? Was it wrong of me to hang up on him twice after that? Another one bites the dust.

(6) Did anyone else hear snippets of Whitney Houston perfroming "I Will Always Love You" at the Winter Olympics? Is it safe to say that she is DONE?

(7) Why have I had dudes come up to me twice in the last month when I was out at the club and say "I want to have sex with you." ? Why is this DISGUSTING yet twistedly flattering?

(8) Wasn't it just a matter of time before the media got back to ignorning the plight of poor people and black people? Where are all the Katrina stories now? Where are all the telethons? These people STILL need money and resources. America's conscience is like Haley's Comet...You see it flicker past once every generation.

(9) I dont care for Puffy, Puff Daddy, P. Diddy, Diddy, or whatever you want to call him these days...BUT...has there been any better party/club song created in the 90's than "It's All About The Benjamins?" I get hype everytime I hear it...and if you DON'T then you have no pulse.

(10) Did anybody else boycott "Brokeback Mountain?" In light of all the DL conversation that JL King and Oprah brought to the mainstream why aren't the same people being as critical when it comes to this movie? I get the picture..2 black men "on the DL" (if you even buy King's definition) is the reason for the increase of HIV/AIDS in the black community (particularly amongst black women) and 2 White men engaged in the same behavior is a "love story." It might win an Oscar for best picture...But I'll pass on it.

PeaceLoveandEternity

Q

7 Comments:

Blogger Dubbed As Trent Jackson said...

On Point as usua

1:08 PM  
Blogger Clay said...

his cologne and breath? lawd in a jim crow heaven ... YES i heard the snippets from Whitney OMG she sounded awful - honestly i was never much of a fan and i am not shocked that her career is over, but the voice is TRULY shot ... i really didnt boycott Brokeback i think it is black straight folks who harped on the whole gay thing - i just liked it for being a good film (that needed some editing)

12:47 PM  
Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

Yea - the steam has subsided slightly - I agree, it's winter - lol

1:43 PM  
Blogger C. Baptiste-Williams said...

remembering someones breath can never be a good thing... i dont think

3:45 PM  
Blogger Waddie G. said...

I love the irony in most of your questions.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Charles X said...

you just now saw the color purple? are you black? LOL just asking

3:53 AM  
Blogger Larry D. Lyons II said...

1. I was gone. Now I'm not.
3. I'm back. Increase it to 6-7.
6. yes. and YES
8. preach!

11. i'm back m'love.

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home