Thursday, February 02, 2006

Allow Me To Reintroduce Myself....

My name is QUAHEEEEEEM!!!

And I am enjoying being ME!

I have returned to normal life after a restful 5 day visit home to the Garden State (New Jersey for you slow mofos)...I enjoyed seeing my mother...hugging her...laffin with her and the fam...I always feel so loved when I go home these days. My mother calls everyone and they make sure to stop by and pay their respects to lil ol me...Who would've thought?

And of course I made my way to NYC for 4 nights of partying--since I had been sick for an entire month I decided to make it up to myself in a major way...Here's a quick recap...

(1) Friday--The Octagon...by myself...Was quite drunk and I believe I ran into someone that I knew who was jokingly trying to convince me that he was someone else...When you are drunk jokes like that are NOT funny...But anyways. Cute time (6 out of 10)

(2) Saturday--My best friend's 25th birthday celebration--We had a wonderful dinner at a nice Italian place in jersey...then booked it over to Club Shadow...I hadn't been to a straight place in the city in a minute...It was VERY interesting. I have NEVER been eye raped by more women over 40 in my life. And place that is droppin old skool beats is GOOD with me (9 out of 10)

(3) Sunday--Escuelita--I found the energy from somewhere to get up and go out to Escuelita...by myself of course (was supposed to have company but I was stood up)...I can say that I have NEVER felt more comfortable in my skin as I was on this night. Left with 3 numbers...but you know how that goes with dudes from the club...BLAH. I was STILL "too-hot-to-trot" anyway. (10 out of 10)

(4) Tuesday--At the spur of the moment I decided to get up and make my way to the city for one last night of enjoyment before I had to head back to CT and WORK. A friend of mine told me about Splash so I made my way down there...5 dollars at the door...good music..relatively cheap drinks...decent scenery...I enjoyed myself. Ended up meeting another cutie...It's rare that I meet someone that I ACTUALLY want to call me...so I hope he can be consistent--But I aint holdin my breath...Life goes on...(10 out of 10)

This is the first time in my life that I can say I have TRULY felt attractive...

Even perhaps...sexy?

I have always had people compliment me on the quality of my mind and neglect mentioning the quality of my physical person ...So I settled for being smart and resolved that perhaps I just was just average looking at best (this takes me back to the first dude I ever messed with in CT telling me that he got with me because I was just average looking...since 2 pretty dudes could never be together)

But these days my skin feels tighter on me...my spirit is inching towards a place of balance...

I don't know what the hell is happening to me but for the first time in my life it feels a bit good. That doesn't mean that I still don't hurt...

But getting "over" in life is about accepting the fact that you WILL and SHOULD hurt and also knowing that you WILL, SHOULD, and CAN have joy as well...

I'm doing it my way

I'm beginning to give it to the WORLD in my own way...

And amidst the recurring tears the joy feels fuckin incredible!

PeaceLoveandEternity

Q

P.S. Coming Soon....

Technicolor Lover
Somewhere underneath my blue
Here against my will
I'm drowning in love with you...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing feels better than being comfortable in your own skin...coming up against doubts & negativity and shrugging them off.

It is a process that takes work and reinforcement: that's definitely a good look for you *smiles*

Meanwhile, you turned the city out didn't you...numbers, drinks, the whole shabang. Aaight now, I see you.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Waddie G. said...

I'm glad that you feel great...I'm there with you.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

Looks like you had one hell of a time.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Waddie G. said...

Mr. Paris Hilton...as in partier...not the hoe...LOL

1:29 PM  
Blogger ShawnQt said...

now you know you sexy, I don't even know why you frontin!

Congrats for doing it big!

Next time, I promise, me and you, doing th damn thing, lol.

5:44 PM  
Blogger reef said...

"I have NEVER been eye raped by more women over 40 in my life"

Wow, glad I didn't go!

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home