Saturday, August 06, 2005

Random Thoughts Saturday...

I think I am just going to make Saturday my OFFICIAL RANDOM THOUGHTS DAY......

So here it goes...

--What is the deal with the drama? I think sometimes we forget that this is just the INTERNET. As somewhat of a rookie blogger I can understand how, if you are not paying attention, you can ACTUALLY get caught up in all of the madness. This is just further evidence of the ever present transition to the POST MODERN world that we are living in. ANYBODY with a computer can construct an alternate reality. Human relationships and contact are devalued in favor of this COLDNESS that we affectionately call cyberspace. Don't get me wrong people, I love and thoroughly enjoy blogging...but if it ever got to the point where I would actually profess my dislike of a person I've only had contact with via computer then I think that would be the time I would have to make my exit from this all. The point of this rant...CALM THE FUCK DOWN PEOPLE!!! IT'S NOT THAT SERIOUS!!!

--Being the PRINCE fanatic that I am I have to admit that we wouldn't quite know his music in the same way if it were not for Rick James. Prince opened for Rick on his "Fire It Up" tour in 1980. That tour would see them fueding on and OFF stage. Apprently Prince lured "Vanity" away from Rick and all the rest is history. But think about this. Before there was "Vanity 6" or "Apollonia 6" there were the Mary Jane Girls. And when it came time for a Black artist to break through on MTV it was Prince and "Little Red Corvette" that got the nod. Rick was too BLACK for MTV. Without the MTV support Rick's career went the opposite direction of Prince's. To his credit Rick still tried to keep up (listen to "Coldblooded" and you'll know what I'm talkin about). But he could never top the success he had with "Street Songs". And more eye-opening than that, he couldn't top the racism of MTV and the music industry in general. As much as I praise Prince for his genius I praise Rick James for HIS. We miss you Rick!

--How hard is it when you want to love again but you've been so battered and bruised that it makes it seemingly impossible to do...So many of us have been emotionally raped. Some of us can recover and some of us never do...

--The pursuit of money has been, and will continue to be the downfall of mankind. Love and economics have never been neighbors.

--Does anybody else watch 40 Dollars a Day with Rachael Ray on the TV Food Network? Isn't that the SHIT!!

--And why is "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" the most informative news program on television? It's a COMEDY SHOW that manages to actually TELL THE TRUTH. CNN, MSNBC, and FOX NEWS should all be condemned to journalism HELL.

That's all I got for now....

Hope you are in peace....and if not..hope you are actively seeking it...

Q

6 Comments:

Blogger lj said...

I LOVE $40 dollars a day....is she really that happy or is she on medication?

2:03 PM  
Blogger reef said...

Cosign on the Daily show - do you have the 'America' book that they published? It is excellent!

Also thanks for the knowledge on Rick James and Prince - I need to get my game up.

3:11 PM  
Blogger @GaryTylone said...

So many of us have been emotionally raped.....damn thats deep and I never thought of it that way...but it's kinda true...but I am an optimist...I do want to love again

4:38 PM  
Blogger Quaheem said...

Jon Stewart's book is definitely on my "must buy" list once my pockets get right....

The Daily Show should be required viewing....

10:29 PM  
Blogger Dubbed As Trent Jackson said...

LOVE THE POST!

I am going to need you not to know about a concert that you were not even old enough to be at...1980? What. You must know something I don't (apparently...lol) I'M RICK JAMES BIATCH! Alright...Prince is a mess, I have stories on him...

Every one wants to be in love. And trust me after being dumped for a transsexual, being told you had to loose 40 pounds to continue dating, being cheated on in the slickes of ways, and being used...yes you want some thing to go right...and it will, when you get right.

Jon Stewart is so on point...I need to meet him!

Okay I'm talking too much.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Liber8Lyph said...

I love 40 dollars a day!//get em'

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home