Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Water & The Grapes and The Vine

I have a truly spiritual relationship with Water.

Some of my best writings/ideas have come when I was either IN or AROUND Water. For some strange reason I have always been able to to have a direct channel to the higher power under those circumstances.

Tonight as I showered in complete darkness..candles lit..I was sent this piece and I thought I would share. It's not complete but I will share the work in progress.

The Grapes and The Vine
By: HX

You plucked me clean
but I
won't let you be the death of me--
This love today
stands crucified--
You've got the grapes
but I've got the vine.

Are you satisfied
with a belly full
of ruthless ambition

AND

when the tide turns
I hope you
can claim the same condition...

Hopefully the rest of the piece will come to me in a timely manner.

But this is all for now...

PeaceLoveandEternity

Q

5 Comments:

Blogger Rodney said...

I'm definitely feeling it so far. I actually started clapping after You've got the grapes but I've got the vine. There's so much power in that line. You never cease to move me.

3:27 AM  
Blogger antneya said...

I agree with Rodney..that line works for me!...cant wait to read more.

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quaheem, I love that title...

...and reading your words...your writing is always stimulating.

10:43 AM  
Blogger ShawnQt said...

ohhh lets have an adult swim together, maybe we both can emerge and submerge like a spiritual baptism? hmmm.

lol.

don't mind me, being silly.
great start! I think water is a strong connection to GOD and souls.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Clay said...

yes this is a great one quaheem - hope you're enjoying DC

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home