Sunday, August 13, 2006

Vegas Memories

Well folks I have returned...and I must say that Las Vegas was a grand ol time. I sepnt 5 days and 4 nights there in celebration of my 25th birthday (on August 2nd) and it was everything that everybody has told me that it would be and more...

Unfortunately I went there alone but I figure if you can't enjoy yourself WITH yourself then why the hell are you living in the first place? So I made my my journey. This was the first time I flew all alone and for the most part it was an okay experience (I just hate the take-off and landing). I got there last Thursday at about 7:00 pm (Las Vegas time) and by the time I got all my luggage and was off to the Hotel it was after nine. I checked into my room and layed down for an hour. Before I knew it it was 12:00 AM and time to head out on the town. I hit this one "alternative" club on the strip since it was Hip Hop Night there and my chances of seeing some colored folks was much higher. And I must say it was an enjoyable experience. To my suprise I counted 8 people that said something to me...Not that I am that vain that I count but it just unusual for me to get that much attention. Clubbing in New York as much as I have has made me used to dudes being evasive...As I have said before, I love clubbing out of town because people are generally nicer, less vain, and not as pretentious. I did manage to meet a cutie whom I had lunch with the next day so it was all good. Nothing else came of it tho. But he was a cutie nonetheless.

My drunkeness the day before really put me out of commission for the entire day of Friday. I just chilled in the comfortable bed of the hotel room. The only time I managed to get out is when I went to to the mall to meet "the cutie" and when I went to McDonald's to get something to eat.

I did decide that I would make Saturday more of my sightseeing day. My hotel was located in Downtown Vegas (in essentially "old" Vegas). Becuase of the location there was a lot to see and do around Fremont Street. So I walked up and down Fremont and indulged in a monstrous, New Orleans Style Daquiri that got me "right" pretty quickly. Having that drink put me in the mood to go back out which I did on Saturday night. I ended up going back to the same club that I went to on Thursday night. Things were a bit different this time as there was a surplus of White guys and no hip hop, r&B, or reggae music. But I drank and enjoyed being away nonetheless and prayed nobody talked to me and for the most part that is exactly what I got.

I made it back to my hotel room and made a serious of drunken phone calls (one in particular that involves leaving a voicemail to HartfordLady that told her that Fidel Castro was dead; which he wasn't). On Sunday I decided to hit the strip again and check out another mall out there. I ended up buying another pair of sneakers...which happen to go with a number of my outfits quite nicely.

Monday I had to check out of my room by 12:00 pm. I checked out at 10 and went in search of someplace to eat. I eventually found a nice buffet that ran me $6.99 (another reason why I love Vegas--Cheap ets). But being out at 12 posed a delimma for me because my plane didn't leave until 11:59 pm so I had the hotel store my luggage and I just walked around a little, went back up to the mall, and gambled A LOT (in a losing effoort of course). I made my way back to Connecticut that night and arrived back here at about 10:45 AM...I am GLAD to be home and back to state of normalcy...The best metaphor for Las Vegas that I heard is that it's like Disneyland for adults. Vegas is certainly not a place you bring the kids on a vacation. It is truly SIN CITY...and I enjoyed every bit of it.

It was so good that I am thinking about going back in October and taking my mother since she's never flown before and never been anywhere besides New Jersey, Baltimore, and North Carolina. I wonder if I can still be bad with moms in the house?

Shit, of course I can!

PeaceLoveandEternity

Q

7 Comments:

Blogger K Kaos said...

I was actually thinking of going to Vegas for my 25th birthday. Im glad u had fun, and happy belated!

8:33 PM  
Blogger Dayne Avery said...

Okay can you give us the R rated version not the PG one? I need to copy off you and go to vegas for my 25th

8:59 AM  
Blogger reef said...

I'm glad you had fun man ... what kind of gambling did you do? I'm pretty much a straight Blackjack fan. Slots and Roulette can kiss my ass.

I've never been to vegas, so $6.99 buffet? That's whats up ...

8:10 AM  
Blogger Rodney said...

I knew you'd like it. I had the best time all by myself. I think the best description is neon trailer park.

11:11 AM  
Blogger ShawnQt said...

I want to see photos of this so called cutie, lol. I want to go to Vegas... sigh.... Fuzzy needs to be reading this, lol.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Omar Ramon said...

ay man , it's been awhile . and i come back to find you partying. love it. happy birthday ,sir.

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have missed your words, and though I'm late.

Happy Belated!

A quarter of a century...where does the time go *wink*

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home