Monday, July 03, 2006

Vegas On My Mind

Well...as I told you all before..in celebration of my 25th birthday I have decided that it was time to make some moves..

So on this past Thursday I finally got the nerve to book a tip to Las Vegas on August 3 thru August 7th (my birthday is August 2nd). I was pleased to book 4 nights and airfare for less than 700 bucks (yes it's tacky giving out numbers but this deal was so good I could not keep it to myself). Since it is so cheap I will definitely be returning.

Although it hurt me to actually spend the money (I can be cheap at times) I am very excited about the excursion. This is the farthest out west I have been.. I have been to Denver, Colorado before and it was HORRIBLE. Denver is quite possibly the whitest place on earth...so you can imagine I didn't have a good time.

I really decided that this birthday would not be like other recent ones (think: horrible)...It's time to start living and what better place to do it besides Vegas? As of now I am going alone but that can change if HartfordLady finds the money to fly out or I decide to take a special someone...but whether or not I am alone will not stop my fun....It's been a really difficult 365 days and it lends itself to a celebration....25 means you are officially out of your early twenties...

It also means that...

You would rather go to a club where they serve drinks in glasses rather then Solo cups...

You were born before "Purple Rain" and "Thriller" we both released...

You remember when "In Living Color" and "Martin" premiered (not the re-runs)...

You were born before Micheal Jordan started playing in the NBA...

You remember record players and 45s..

You remember when "The Simpsons" was just a sketch on the "Tracy Ullman Show"...

You remember "Pong", "Atari", and "Nintendo Entertainment System" (sidebar: Do you remember the hard ass controllers and the "Power Pad?")

You remember the new Coke and how it failed miserably...

You remember when everbody having PAGERS was all the rage (even if the service was not connected)...

You remember "The Snake," "The Wop," and "The Running Man."...

You remember "Yo! MTV Raps"...

Needless to say I am glad and content in moving into this new phase in my life...

Maybe someone can relate??

6 Comments:

Blogger Coltrane Jenkins said...

Nice blog. Have fun in Vegas. what was that MC Hammer dance... the chinese typewriter?

9:38 PM  
Blogger @GaryTylone said...

Yes !!!! I had a turquois beeper that was see through...got me in so much trouble...hehe. Was the power pad that thing you used to dance on?

6:44 AM  
Blogger Dayne Avery said...

Damn Im getting old! Happy pre birthday lol have fun in vegas.

10:22 AM  
Blogger LUVIN ME said...

Reading this post made me realize how old I am...

10:57 AM  
Blogger reef said...

The pagers are for real - I mostly remember them from Public Enemy's Night of The Living Bassheads video, with the beeper ties.

Power Pad was for real - Jahi and I used to use that shit. Track and Field all day.

6:35 PM  
Blogger Rodney said...

It's a neon trailer park. I had a ball. One of my good judies is moving out there. If she's there when you go, y'all have to meet up.

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home