Thursday, July 13, 2006

10 Q's From Q

I got some things I need to get off my chest...So here it goes.

(1) How STUPID is Ben Wallace? Yeah I know he got more money from the BULLS but who in the hell thinks they will compete for a championship ANYTIME soon? It just goes to show you that MONEY outweighs PRINCIPLE most of the time.

(2) Why doesn't Yolonda Adams do an R&B Album? Rhythm and Blues NEEDS you badly Yolonda!!! The difference between her and all the pop tarts out now and that SHE CAN SING....and LIVE. I can go to any street corner in the Hood USA and find somebody that can remotely sound like Keyshia Cole....But there is only one Yolonda..enough said.

(3) Why don't people understand that racism is NOT about personal attitudes but is all about POWER. Simple equation here people. Racism = prejudice + power. Given that equation I will say that Black people cannot be racist. We can be prejudiced as hell. When a group of black people can use their prejudice to negatively alter the life outcomes of white people then MAYBE I will call them racist.

(4) Being Black, educated, gay, and single is a HARD thing. I have heard many black women talk about how HARD it is for them to find a man worth keeping and to them I say....Join the club. Where are all the college educated, masculine (not knockin the "non" masculine brothas you just know what turns you on), progressive minded brothas at? I'm looking for you.

(5) Is it me or is anyone else tired of dudes walking around in what I call "thug drag." It's fine if your style is urban centered (shit mine is) but the difference between ME and MANY of them that I see is that what they are wearing is a "costume" and they have not realized it yet (or maybe they have).

(6) Did ya'll hear that BET wouldn't allow John Amos to join the rest of the former cast of "Good Times" on the stage because he was "too old?" So once again we see a black family, reunited, (albeit fictional) without a father. Just more evidence of BET not being FOR US. I am surprised Harry Belafonte showed up considering the SHIT that he's talked around the world in the past couple of years. Bush or BET? Which one is doing more harm to the Black Community?

(7) Why do I roll my eyes everytime I see a picture of Jesse Jackson? What would Martin think of him these days? This is what happens when the "revoloution" has corporate sponsors (copyright Meshell N'degeocello).

(8) Isn't sex overrated? Am I saying this because I just don't get any?

(9) Why is it that you can't have a banging church choir without some gay people in it? Why is it that we know of gay pastors, deacons, missionaries, trustees, and parishoners yet everybody goes about their business and says nothing? Why is it that many of us stay in the congregation amidst hateful interpetations of the Bible that demonize us? Why would I rather go to hell than to "romp" in the heaven that these people are selling us?

(10) Isn't Las Vegas going to be fun? I can't wait. I hope I dont have to go alone. If I do then oh well...Life is too short....You gotta get all you can WHEN you can.

7 Comments:

Blogger @GaryTylone said...

OHHHHHHH so many Qs... I REALLY want yolanda adams to do an R&B album...I just know its gonna be fire...and I feel it in my spirit that she is...sex isnt overrated...cheap/random/unemotional sex is overrated...thats all I'm gon say...

P.S. you know where the progressive bros are...stop playin.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Dayne Avery said...

That’s a BIG part of why I don’t attend church on the regular. I’m surrounded by hypocrites all week, why get ambushed by them on a Sunday morning...Ill sleep in thanks.

And sex isn’t overrated if you’re doing it right.

5:43 PM  
Blogger Ladynay said...

Yay Vegas for your b-day!

It's the style to be a thug and I can't wait for the wife beater and oversized clothing fad to be over and done!

6:14 PM  
Blogger Quaheem said...

well..quite frankly everything is about ME because it's MY Blog....And when the day comes that being homosexual does not have ADVERSE political affects I will lay off it all....but I think it is unreasonable to come to somone's blog and go on about WHY the BLOG is so much about them...

And to respond to the point "But why is sexuality especially homosexuality so politicised? Is it because you want to force everyone to like it? People are people and some things will never change i.e. racism." Its not about everyone "LIKING or even AGREEING" with homosexuality it's about as tax-paying citizen of this country, being protected EQUALLY under the laws of the land....

RACISM, SEXISM, HOMOPHOBIA and other isms of the sorts are not about PERSONAL ATTITUDES exclusively...it describes the moment when one has the power to make their personal attitudes affect and entire group of people socially, economically, and politically.....So when the day comes where the laws of the land reflect some kind of EQUALITY then maybe I'll shut up...until then it's a political issue

7:41 PM  
Blogger Quaheem said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:46 PM  
Blogger BuddahDesmond said...

Great Q's Q! I really love Yolanda Adams. And after seeing her tear up "Sweet Thing" in tribute to Chaka Khan at the BET Awards....I asked the same thing myself. If she does an R&B album, it's all over for the youngins!

Thank you for bringing POWER into the equation when talking about racism. Yeah, it'll definitely be the day when black people can use their prejudice to negatively alter the life outcomes of white people. Tables will more than turn. But it would be just what is deserved (if you know what I mean).

And as for sex being overrated, I agree with both Valentino and Dayne Avery.

Enjoy Vegas!!

12:42 AM  
Blogger ShawnQt said...

Maybe you just need to move to another state where there are progressive black men, lol... I dont know!

He has to be out there, you only need one.

Unless u want to start early and build your own! LOL By the time ur 35, he will be on point!

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home