Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The Beginnings of a Love Affair (So It Seems)

So....It seems like I have travelled to a parallel universe...

2 weekends ago NYBoy came up to CT to spend the weekend with me. We laughed, we talked, I cooked him dinner, we had cocktails and champagne, we laid next to each other and talked some more...It was a new feeling for me. I was "domestic" for a weekend with someone who enjoyed EVERY single minute of it. It was wonderful.

Then, last weekend I went down to nyc to see him (I only intended to stay that Saturday--but it ended up with me leaving on Monday afternoon). We went out to dinner with his best friend and I met another one of his friends and his sister-in-law. The funny thing is that when he calls me "baby" I don't cringe--maybe it's because I can feel how for real he is when he says it...So I said all of that to say that things are going well...We are BOTH excited about 6 days and 5 nights in Las Vegas that is coming up in about a month. He's never been on a plane before so it will be an INTERESTING experience indeed. The idea of sharing this all with him is thrilling though...

We are going to make some memories in the desert...and I can't wait.

On another front, the independent study is coming along well. I have not done this much reading, analyzing, and discussing in my life...but I am glad I am experiencing it now...it should be a nice preview for Master's/Doctoral work. I am also finalizing my graduate school list and am soon going to begin working on all the parts and making the contacts that I need to make (In the graduate school game it's not necessarily what you know all the time but WHO you know). Hopefully this time next year I will be a FULL TIME graduate student well on my way to becoming a PAID professional rabble rouser (which I think should be the job of, at least, black intellectuals and, at most, ALL intellectuals).

All in all life seems to be on the upswing for me FINALLY...My bed is warming up and my future looks bright--this is what it must feel like to win.

Let's just hope that the streak continues...

Until next time....

PeaceLoveandEternity

Q

9 Comments:

Blogger @GaryTylone said...

I am so fantastically THRILLED for you !!! You deserve it...ALL of it.

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The streak will indeed continue, bruh...

love is a beautiful thing, especially in the beginning. It's good to see it in bloom.

I'm happy for you.

11:04 PM  
Blogger Ladynay said...

I will keep my fingers crossed so your run of great things continue....

5:05 AM  
Blogger Marz said...

I'm happy too, and don't like those.... after the last sentences, as if you're waiting for something. (GO BACK AND EDIT THEM TO CLEAR THE AIR. LOL)


-Marz

1:17 PM  
Blogger Quaheem said...

*sticks out tounge at marz*...lol

2:30 PM  
Blogger ShawnQt said...

it amazes me to watch the twists and turns of your, and see how wonderful u really are.... I always wanted happiness for you, because ur a great guy!

Maybe one day we can double date next time ur in town!

10:01 AM  
Blogger El Alexander said...

I'm so Happy to have come across your blog. It gave me hope to know that one day it will happen again for me.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Dayne Avery said...

Quah I knew it would come for you and you deserve it.

1:45 PM  
Blogger BuddahDesmond said...

Ah, the joys and promise of a new love. It's great isn't it? Congrats on the many wonderful things happening in your life. Well deserved I'm sure. It's your time - enjoy!

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home