Tuesday, October 03, 2006

(When It Get's Right Down 2 It) I Still Love You

Written in a whimsical moment of inspiration...this is dedicated to the person that used to be THE ONE...God has placed me in a new state of mind but I remember how it was...I remember how I felt...and I remember the love.

You were the crossroad....and for that I will always be grateful.

Yes...This is a love song.

(When It Gets Right Down 2 It) I Still Love You
By: HX

Woke up this mornin'
25 roses in my bed.
Rolled over to kiss ya
But there you were
standing in my head.
It was then that I knew
that without you
all there could be was misery.
I know they say diamonds for forever
but
what about me?

Walked to work this mornin'
Repeating the lines
of your love letters
while
hummin' made up melodies
as if it would make it any better.
How could a dream come true
become a nightmare so new?
I thought God was supposed
to have mercy
But it seems like he's cursed me--without you

But when it's all set and done
And
When it gets right down 2 it
I still love you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dayne Avery said...

Thanks for the poem and I still love you too...lol

But seriously, that was beautiful. I can see that to music, a chorus, and someone singing the hell out of it.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

WHOAH! The poem was mad hotttt! I recited it and the chills. . . . well you know!

Keep bangin!

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home