Tuesday, June 28, 2005

RECAPS AND REFLECTIONS

WOW...

What a weekend it was...so I'mma take it day by day and give you guys the skinny...

FRIDAY...

I arrived in Paterson the night before and got myself settled at moms...Woke up in da morning and got a haircut...Then made plans to meet my ex-housemate from college in the Village. I later found out it was just going to be she and I because her girlfriend had to work late..But that was kewl because I was a little bit worried about the possibility of having to go out by myself anyways....So she and I chilled around Christopher Street and checked out the piers, ejoyed the water and talked some more..And then we made out way to THE LOBBY which was interesting because I definitely saw about 5 or 6 familiar faces...ONE of those familiar faces belonged to a fellow "married" blogger that I have had a crush on for YEARS...(perhaps he knows who he is..perhaps he doesn't...it doesnt really matter)...But anyways..I enjoyed a wonderful evening with my friend (who coincidentially had to leave around 12:30 ish)..And So I stayed there until the flipped the lights on...met and danced with the cute dominican boy with a thick sexy lil accent....but OF COURSE didn't get the number because he left early...So around 4:00 I decided to take the short walk down to The Playground and check that out...interesting crowd..lots of folks..And I happen to run into someone I talked to about 2 or 3 months ago..We danced...he kissed my neck...I kept it movin..lol

And so I made it home...And then there was Saturday...

All my family from Baltimore came up for my brothers Graduation Party...Althought he only is getting is Associates degree it is still an accomplishment for him considering the struggle it took to get there. So the party went ok but it was AFTER the party that the drama commenced...

You see, my other brother is living back at home with my mother. He is what some would consider the Black Sheep of the family...Always been in trouble, been in and out of jail several times...just can't seem to get his shit together. But one thing I noticed after being around him for a significant amount of time is that he is still dealing with addiction issues. I know for sure he's an alcoholic and I am almost certain that he may be dabbing in crack cocaine because his behavior is very manic and frantic...In any event, all the family returned from the hall late Saturday evening (around 12:30 or 1:00) and my brother was just actin a damn fool...Turnin up the stereo INSANELY loud, running back and forth thru the house fantically, stomping on the floor, and just generally pissing everybody in his presence off. So I had had enough and basically told him to sit down and chill out and that opened pandora's box because he and I began to go at it....I told him that he had a serious problem, he was a coward, and he needed to be a man and check himself before he KILLS himself..HE bucked at me like he was gonna hit me and I got myself ready...Needless to say I was in tears and he was in tears and my streak of family dysfunction CONTINUES...That situation made me start thinking about the stressful situation that I am still in regarding my employment and apartment issues...This is why I tend to steer clear of my family because it is ALWAYS something...

SUNDAY...

After the mess that was Saturday night I was so ready to go back out again...I was meeting my ex-housmate again (WE'LL CALL HER CHULA) this time with her girlfriend down by Christopher Street. But before I met her I had 2 interesting encounters with people I had spoken to previously (I discuss those encounters at length in TOMORROW'S post)...But anyways..CHULA and I and CHULA's girlfriend (who also went to college with us) all decided to go get something to eat at this cute little THAI restaurant that was pretty close to Christopher Street...So they ate and I drank as I watched all the cute dudes break their necks in my direction as they walked by the window (I felt like I had it goin on for once)...And after dinner they went out to a lesbian spot and I went back to The Playground which was SO disappointing because they didnt even have enough people tthere to fill up the TOP floor and when I went downstairs to see what was poppin there was NOBODY down there...They shut it down like 3 hours early and sent everyone on their way..so as I left the club and was walking in search of some kind of food and ran across a cute group of dudes...Of course I looked breifly and kept it movin until one o fthem said "Hey Cutie, where you from?" and then the conversation between I and all 6 of them commenced...it lasted about 5 minutes and they continued on their way to the path train...As they walked away and I walked away in the opposite direction something clicked in my brain that made me realize that one of them was exceptionally attractive...So I instantly turned around in search of the Path train to try to find these dudes and get a number from the one I spotted. I asked 2 different security people in PENN STATION where to find the Path and as I approached the Path one of the dudes in the group and I crossed "paths"...I asked him where was his peoples and what was up with the one I liked in particular...He politely informed me that the one I liked had a man and blah blah blah....So to make a long story short...ANOTHER letdown/squandered opportunity....I am too damn fly for all this madness...lol

This is the condensed version of what happened this weekend...but there is MORE that I will share in PART II tomorrow.....


PEACELOVEANDETERNITY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home